Frequently Asked Questions
What is the monthly price per user for Business Central Cloud?
- $10.20 Team Member (View and Approvals only)
- $89.60 for an Essentials user
- $128.00 Premium user Includes Service and Manufacturer
I am currently using GP. Will I get any preferred pricing?
- Yes – you will get a 60% Discount.
- $10.20 Team Member user is $4.08 (View and Approvals only)
- $89.60 for an essentials user discounted it will be $35.80
- $128.00 Premium user Includes Service and Manufacturing $51.20
I have hear that GP is being discontinued. Is that true?
- GP is not being discontinued, although it will always be an on-premise solution. There is a long-term road map from Microsoft, but ongoing enhancements and improvements will be limited.
Will I still have upgrades in the Cloud where I experience downtime and extra costs?
- Once your financials are in the Cloud you will have ongoing periodic updates, applied by Microsoft, and delivered in pre-defined, short, maintenance windows—thus avoiding large upgrade costs or long downtimes.
Can I get all my historical GP data moved into Business Central in the Cloud?
- Yes, as part of a transition from GP to Business Central the following data can be migrated;
- Chart of Accounts and Historical GL.
- Customers and open Accounts Receivable
- Vendors and open Accounts Payable.
- Inventory Items and Quantity on Hand.
What if I want more data migrated such as Open Sales Orders or Open Purchase Orders?
- BDO has created a unique processes to migrate Open Sales Orders and Open Purchase Orders for a seamless transition.
How long will it take to migrate from GP to Business Central.
- Transition time is variable based on your data size and expectations.
I am currently using some 3rd Party Products (ISV’s). Can I still migrate to Business Central?
- Your specific situation will vary, however, we are finding that most customer who migrate from GP to BC will need fewer 3rd party solution as BC continue to provide amazing value.
What if I am not ready for the Cloud but I would still like to move to Business Central?
- Great news, Business Central is also available on premise. You will achieve some of the same benefits as moving to the cloud.
We have Integrations to other systems. Will I still be able to transition and have the integrations?
- Yes, Business Central includes a robust set of API’s (application program interfaces) which allows the easy set up of integrations. If your integrations are actually imports of straight forward transactions there are great new options to copy and paste these from Excel directly into Business Central.
We have customizations. Will I be able to bring these over to Business Central?
- Yes, Business Central includes fantastic customization tools called “Extensions” that can be used to recreate your customizations. There is also a possibility that your customizations will no longer be required and may be able to be delivered with the BC out of the box capabilities. There may also be options for you in Microsoft AppSource.
Is there anything else I should know?
- Yes, Microsoft is currently running a promotion to convert your Annual Renewal to monthly paid which includes further discounts on Business Central.