Strategies for buying or selling a business in 2021
2021 is expected to be just as volatile or more than last year. Private corporations are being bought or sold at record rates. If you’re planning to raise financing, retire, or expand domestically or globally, and are concerned about pending tax issues, join BDO Canada and Gowling WLG for an in-depth discussion about how to prepare and manage these key decisions.
In March 2021, we assembled an expert panel of accounting and legal professionals who, quite literally, wrote the book on the taxation for private companies. We provide valuable tips to consider when preparing to buy or sell a business.
Check out this one-hour on-demand webinar with BDO Canada and Gowling WLG and learn about tax optimization and valuation to improve your outcomes when buying or selling a business. Topics included:
- State of today’s market
- Preparing your business for sale
- Proper business valuation tips
- Why legal due diligence is important
Moderator: Rachel Gervais, Partner, GTA Tax Service Line Leader, BDO Canada, Toronto
- David Stevens, Partner, Tax, Gowling WLG, Toronto
- Anita Yuk, Associate, Tax, Gowling WLG, Vancouver
- David Elrick, Partner, Tax, BDO Canada, Winnipeg
- Ryan Farkas, Partner, Corporate Finance Leader, BDO Canada, Toronto
Articles / other resources